Vepo Cheese is very committed to protecting your privacy and the personal data you provide to us. That is why we explain in this Privacy Statement which personal data we process and why we do that. In that, we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation. We advise you to read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Who processes your personal data?
Your personal data are processed by Vepo Cheese N.V., having its registered office at Beneluxweg 1, 2411 NG Bodegraven, the Netherlands, registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 29025756. Vepo Cheese N.V. is the controller for all processing of your personal data referred to in this Privacy Statement.
What are personal data?
We define personal data as any information about persons that makes them identifiable (directly or in combination with other data). Examples of personal data are: your (company) name, address, place of residence, date of birth, telephone number and email address. But also the login details of your Vepo Cheese account and IP addresses are personal data.
Of whom does Vepo Cheese collect personal data?
Vepo Cheese receives and processes personal data of employees, persons who purchase products or information, website visitors and third parties who contact Vepo Cheese. For example if you:
- place an order;
- indicate that you want to receive our newsletters;
- participate in a contest or promotion;
- visit our website (cookies);
- work at or for us;
- apply for a job or contact us for that purpose;
- have a business relationship with Vepo Cheese;
- fill in your details or leave them at one of our locations.
Contact with Vepo Cheese can take place via:
- written correspondence;
- a link that has been included in an email newsletter sent by us or in another electronic message sent to you.
Which personal data does Vepo Cheese collect?
Vepo Cheese at least collects the following personal data:
- personal details: your (company) name, address, place of residence, gender, (mobile) telephone number and email address;
- order data (e.g. which items you order at Vepo Cheese);
- (interaction) data (for example your IP address, cookie IDs, surfing behaviour and which pages you visit on www.vepocheese.com, email preferences for the email newsletters, open and click behaviour of the e-mail newsletters, preferences/interests, opinions, the use of social media and contact with our customer service department).
On which basis does Vepo Cheese process personal data?
Vepo Cheese processes personal data on the basis of the necessity for the execution of the agreement with its employees and with customers, for example data necessary to handle a placed order and to deliver and keep in touch about (the progress of) the handling of the order.
Vepo Cheese also processes personal data on the basis of your permission to do so, or on the basis of a legitimate interest of Vepo Cheese. This legitimate interest is that Vepo Cheese can make better offers to its customers if they have access to information about your use of the website and your preferences.
Finally, Vepo Cheese can process personal data on the basis of a statutory duty.
For which purposes does Vepo Cheese process personal data?
Vepo Cheese processes personal data for the following purposes:
- to execute agreements between Vepo Cheese and its employees;
- to execute agreements between Vepo Cheese and its customers: processing orders, delivering orders, providing information about orders;
- to maintain a customer base for future orders;
- to improve user-friendliness of the websites in order to offer an optimal ease of use;
- to carry out internal (quality) analyses and product development to improve our products and services for you;
- to provide information about interesting developments, promotions and offers via various (digital) communication channels;
- to carry out job application procedures;
- to comply with legal obligations.
To achieve these purposes, Vepo Cheese links, combines and analyses available (personal) data (as referred to in this Privacy Statement) in order to be able to determine and coordinate the most relevant target groups and segments, content, information, moments and channels. This way we can limit the number of contact moments with you. In certain cases this happens completely automated.
Vepo Cheese does not store your personal data longer than necessary to provide you with good and careful services, and to be able to meet your needs. If we no longer need your personal data, they will be destroyed.
Provision of personal data to third parties
We do not provide your personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary in the context of the execution of our services and/or the agreement, or when Vepo Cheese is held to do so on the basis of a statutory regulation.
These third parties will only process your personal data in the way that Vepo Cheese prescribes to them (by means of an agreement). Vepo Cheese does not sell your personal data to any third parties.
Vepo Cheese and other websites
On our website you will find a number of links to other websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those other websites. Vepo Cheese is not responsible for how these websites handle your personal data. For that, read the Privacy Statement, if any, of the other website you are visiting.
Vepo Cheese is very committed to securing your personal data. Vepo Cheese has taken various technical and organizational measures to protect your data. Vepo Cheese has taken measures such as the encryption of financial data, use of passwords and use of firewalls and secure servers.
Vepo Cheese has equipped its locations and parking areas with clearly visible cameras to protect the safety of our employees, customers and property, and to be able to provide assistance in case of calamities. When accessing our premises and locations, visitors are also informed of the presence of cameras. Vepo Cheese retains camera images for a maximum of 60 days. In case of a valid reason (e.g. police investigation) camera images will be retained longer, but no longer than necessary.
If we process your personal data, you can request to inspect those data, to change them, to transfer them to another party, to delete them or to limit their processing. You may also object to receiving information from Vepo Cheese by telephone, mail or email, unless that information is necessary in the context of the provision of our services to you. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your permission for the processing of your personal data.
You can submit such requests by contacting:
Vepo Cheese N.V.
Attn.: Management Board Secretariat
2410 AA Bodegraven
Or you can send an email to: email@example.com
Vepo Cheese strives to process a request within 4 weeks.
If you have in spite of our careful measures, nevertheless a complaint regarding the manner in which Vepo Cheese handles your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our very best to handle your complaint adequately. If we are not able to solve the matter, you have the right under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) to file a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Do you want more information after reading our Privacy Statement or do you have any questions and/or comments? Then please contact us via one of the above mentioned ways.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Vepo Cheese reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. We advise you to read this Privacy Statement regularly. The most recent version can always be found on www.vepocheese.com.
Last updated on: 19 July 2018